Information we collect
What do we collect and how do we use it? By clicking “Find Plans” you expressly authorize multiple insurance companies or their agents or partner companies to contact you at the phone number and address you have provided with free insurance quotes or to obtain additional information required to deliver quotes, via live, prerecorded or autodialed calls, text messages or email. You understand that your signature is not a condition of purchasing any property, goods or services and that you may revoke your consent at any time.
Our users may from time-to-time provide us with personally identifiable information.
Examples of personally identifiable information may include: Name, Address, Email Address, Phone Number, Date of Birth.
We process personally identifiable information as described herein and also for such purposes as:
- To deliver our products and services to users, including the display of customized content and advertising;
- To conduct research and analysis in order to maintain and improve our products and services;
- Ensuring the technical functioning of our system and network;
- To aid us in developing new services;
- To alert you to product updates, special offers, updated information and other new services. (You may opt-out of these communications if you so choose.)
- To contact you in response to your requests for information; and
- To provide you quotes from Providers who may contact you using the information you provide or to obtain additional information needed to provide quotes.
Special Note For Do Not Call Registrants
By submitting your phone number here, you expressly consent health1nsurance.com and/or our partners to contact you in order to follow up on your request, even if you are registered on the national ‘Do Not Call List’ (or state equivalent).
“Spam” is commercial e-mail or unsolicited bulk e-mail which has not been requested by the recipient. You will not receive e-mail communications unless you submit your e-mail address to us. If you have submitted your email to us, you may periodically receive third-party emails advertising products and services from our partners that we feel may be of interest to you at our sole discretion. You can “opt-out” to receive subsequent emails at any time from a link in the footer of emails received.
If you are a California resident, effective 1/1/2020 you have the following rights under CCPA:
- You have a right to ask request that we disclose to you the information we collect, use or disclose
- You have the right to request that we delete the personal information that we have collected about you.
- We will not discriminate against you for exercising these rights under CCPA
Categories We Collect
the information we collect depends on the particular service or product you have purchased or are interested in purchasing.
We will collect what CCPA categorizes as “Identifiers” which includes things like your name, email, address, etc. This category also includes identifiers that are associated with internet/online activity like IP address and cookies.
We will also may collect personal information that is considered “Protected Characteristics” like your age, marital status, and gender, medical condition for example.
As part of providing online services, we collect personal information categorized as “Internet Activity” such as your interactions with our websites and at times our advertisements on other websites.
Additional categories of personal information we collect may include Geolocation Data.
How We Use Personal Information
As with the categories of personal information we collect, the reason for our collecting your information can vary based on the product or service, but all of the uses are included in the business purposes permitted by CCPA. For example, much of the information we collect from you is for what is defined as “Performing Services” in CCPA. This can include things like providing quotes for premiums.
In addition, we may sell Personal Information to non-affiliated third parties and service providers. We do this in order to make additional products and services available that may be of interest to You.
These policies are subject to change without notice.