Blue Cross Blue Shield Rates for Lowest Priced Exchange Health Plan (2016)
The chart to the right illustrates the wide fluctuation in 2016 monthly health insurance premiums for Blue Cross Blue Shield member health plans.
This fluctuation in avg. monthly premiums is primarily a function of differences in state health insurance regulations which vary widely from state to state.
The rates in the chart represent the monthly premium for the lowest priced silver plan for a 40 yr old on the individual public exchange (state or Federal depending on the state).
Blue Cross and Blue Shield Member health Plans offering the lowest priced Silver Health Plans.
- HighMark Blue Cross Blue Shield (PA)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan (MI)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona (AZ)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Kansas (KS)
- Carefirst Blue Cross Blue Shield (DC)
Blue Cross and Blue Shield Member health Plans whose Lowest priced silver plans are highest
- Premera Blue Cross (AK)
- Anthem Blue Cross (NY)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Vermont (VT)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Wyoming (WY)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts (MA)
According to the data in this chart, sourced from AISHealth’s Health Insurance Exchange Database 2016 Plans & Premiums, in the five states where BCBS plans have the highest rates avg. monthly premiums for a 40 yr old (lowest priced silver plan offered) avg. premiums exceed $400/mo. In the case of Premera Blue Cross of Alaska, their lowest priced silver plan is in excess of $800/mo.
Other information you might be interested in: Avg. ACA Health Plan rate changes year over year