This infographic to the right from the Journal of the American Medical Association (JAMA) identifies a number of trends
and challenges that the Medicaid & Medicare programs are facing after 50 years.
Medicaid Items include
- Uninsured, low-inome adults in the coverage gap in states that have not expanded Medicaid
- The share of Medicaid enrollment in comprehensive managed care between 2002-2011
- Spending varied for populations covered by Medicaid.
Medicare Items measured:
- Medicare beneficiaries’ out-of-pocket yearly spending
- Share of Medicare beneficiaries enrolled in privare health plans. 1999-2015
- Projected increase of Medicare beneficiaries through 2050